June 13, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade Lollipops - The perfect summer treat

I know I promised lemon taffy, but well... I lost the recipe. I'm sure I'll find it somewhere, and when I do, I promise to upload it ASAP. But until then, I'd like to share a really simple, really good recipe for strawberry lemonade lollipops. It's getting to be that time of year again (even if it doesn't look like it here in Washington), so what better way to kick off the summer than strawberries and lemonade? Did I mention that the recipe is only 3 ingredients? So let's get cookin!


Ingredients:
- 4 oz granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 medium-large strawberry

Makes ~6 lollipops



Directions:
  1. First, slice your strawberry and prepare your mold. I used a plastic hard candy mold, but you could make a cornstarch mold too. Be sure to oil your plastic mold, if you're using one. Next, slice the strawberry thinly and place the strawberry slice into your mold. Insert the stick (I used half of a chopstick, which worked awesomely) over the strawberry and you're ready to go.
  2. Next, oil the sides of a saucepan and add your sugar with just enough water to moisten it. You may also want to add a bit of corn syrup to prevent crystalization, if you're worried, but just plain sugar will work fine too. Cook your sugar to 300 degrees F, brushing the sides of the pan with water occasionally, but be sure to watch it so that it doesn't start to caramelize. When it reaches 300, remove it from the heat and stir in your extract.
  3. Finally, pour the hot sugar and extract mixture into your molds. This mixture should encase the strawberry and the lollipop sticks. Let your 'pops cool for a few hours, then pop them out of the mold and enjoy!



Share on Tumblr submit to reddit

1 comment:

  1. I will take a dozen mailed up to your favorite cousin:) But really... Great blog cousin!

    ReplyDelete